1/29/14

why?

Lately Ardo sleep routine has gotten so much better. We put Ardo to sleep around 7:30 every night. He normally goes without a fuss and because he is used to going to sleep at this time everyday, he normally falls asleep quickly. Jerry and I go to sleep around 10 so we get a few hours to ourselves. We clean up, watch tv, catch up on our day, it's really nice having those few hours to ourselves. For awhile Ardo was waking up in the middle of the night, evernight. About 2:30am-3:00am every night/morning Ardo would come to our bed. It's actually okay with Jerry and I because Ardo would jump between us and falls back to sleep til morning. For the past few weeks, he's been sleeping through the night. Only downfall, he's been waking up at 6:00 and he's ready to start the day! When you have to up at 7:00am being awoken at 6:00am is basically torture. Monday morning was ridiculous. Jerry was home morning so I had no idea what time it was when Ardo woke up, I just knew it was early. It was 5am, Ardo wanted to eat, and watch tv and Jerry and I were like two zombies trying to figure out the best way to keep him entertained and still be able to get a few more minutes of sleep.

This is definitely one of those things that moms never talk about. With my small circle of friends with kids we do, but when I was pregnant not one person said, oh they don't sleep well til they're teenagers!! People would try and scare the crap out of me with other useless comments but actual knowledge of -you might have a child that will never sleep well- was unspoken. So I'm trying to figure out which of the two evils I prefer. If I had to choose today I think I would go with getting in our bed in the middle of the night. Those few seconds I wake up to make sure he's covered and he has Henry don't compare to making him eggs at 6:30am, which is what I did today!
Sorry there's no pictures, I'm not that kind of blogger that can bust out the camera before my contacts are in. Just imagine a zombie mom and very energetic little boy, that's us!

2 comments:

  1. This is our story as of lately. Michael wakes up around early morning and crawls into bed. Sometimes he will ask for milk and we oblige without a fuss because we want him fast asleep. Lately he's been falling asleep at 10 and sleeps through the night but wont wake up until 5 minutes (and by "wake up" I mean us dragging him out of bed) before heading to the car....I dont know if I prefer sleep through the night and battling him waking up to head out in the am or having him wake up early am and entertaining him while we all get ready.

    lol

    ReplyDelete